Winnetka Design/Build Kitchen Remodel
The owners of this 19th century Winnetka Landmark house wanted to update the existing 1970’s kitchen and combine it with the adjacent breakfast area which had been a converted screen porch. The goal was to have a large, sunny, beautiful and efficient kitchen with a space for informal dining. The owners knew what they wanted and had confidence in their choices of cabinetry and finishes. They worked with Canada & Klein’s design team to develop their ideas and refine their choices. The result of that collaboration is an elegant yet understated room that is suitable for entertaining and for the cooking that they take very seriously.
- Existing structural wall separating the kitchen from the dining area was removed and replaced with “in construction” steel framing that effectively hid its presence.
- Custom pine island was designed to compliment the Owners’ antique pine cabinet and pine farm table.
- Custom cabinetry is white stained and glazed and features many drawers for the storage of dishes, bowls and pans.
- Each cabinet was customized for its unique contents.
- Countertops are green Vermont Soapstone. Plumbing fixtures are Franke.
- Crown molding, window and door casing were custom milled to match the existing millwork in the rest of the house.