banner

 


Click on photos to enlarge
and decrease size

 

Winnetka Historical Society Cabin Relocation

In 2004, Canada & Klein Ltd., was hired by the Winnetka Historical Society to act as general contractor for the relocation of an historically significant log house dating from 1837. A house-moving company transported the cabin two miles as townspeople turned out to watch. Before the cabin could be hoisted onto a trailer, it had to be stabilized and freed from its foundation by Canada & Kelin carpenters. Water, gas and electric supplies dating from the mid-20th century were disconnected. Upon its arrival at a public park to serve as a museum of pioneer life, the cabin was reinstalled on a new foundation. Utilities were re-installed by Canada $ Klein Ltd. as were federally mandated safety and accessibility features.