This 1950’s Colonial style Skokie family home was worn out. Its layout and rooms reflected the era in which it was built. The owners, a family relocating from the Lincoln Park area of Chicago, needed more room and a house that reflected their busy lifestyle. Their architect prepared architectural plans tcreating a two story addition with master bedroom suite on the second floor, a much larger kitchen and family room n the first floor. Every room in the house was remodeld to some extent. Canada & Klein was asked to submit a proposal for the construction and was selected by the owners as their general contractor for the project.
- New Marvin windows were installed.
- Custom kitchen cabinets provided ample storage and work space for the owners’ needs and reflected the traditional design style of the home.
- Kitchen was moved from one side to the other and greatly expanded.
- The old kitchen became the dining room.
- Velux electric skylight was installed in the master bath.
- Master bath work included a Kohler six foot round whirlpool and large Mr. Steam powered steam shower.