Lincoln Park Condo Remodel
The owner of this classic Lincoln Park condominium retained an architect to design a major remodeling of the dilapidated unit. The building had “great bones”. The exterior was still beautiful, and the structure was sound. Some interior rooms were too large while others were too small. The owner, a designer himself, wanted a style and feel that gave him an elegant, spacious and functional home. Canada & Klein was asked to submit a proposal for the work and was selected as the general contractor by the owner.
- Windows were replaced with new Marvin windows that replicated the existing window details.
- All flooring was removed and a rich, black stained oak floor was installed.
- Existing large oak built in cabinetry was completely refinished and refitted.
- Custom Bulthaup cabinetry was used in the kitchen, Poliform cabinetry in the master closet and custom cabinetry elsewhere.
- Dornbracht plumbing fixtures.
- A decorative Pittcon Industries column cover was used to decoratively disguise a steel structural column.