Winnetka Design/Build Addition
This 3,000 square foot, three and one-half bath family Winnetka home was formerly a one bath 1,800 square foot cottage that was well-loved but inadequate for the needs of the family of five who lived there. The Canada & Klein design team worked with the owners on a design-build basis to develop a three story addition that seamlessly added the additional space to the home. Each of the five rooms in the new space was of similar proportion; each window and trim detail matched the original.
- New windows by Marvin replicated the original window sizing and style.
- The same cedar shingle siding was used on the addition’s exterior.
- Kitchen cabinets were by DuraSupreme; others were custom.
- Concrete, stone and stainless steel counters were installed.
- Appliances were by Kitchenaid, Subzero and Thermador.
- Plumbing fixtures were by Franke, KWC and Grohe.
- French style doors from the family room lead to an adjacent large, pergola covered deck.