Careful Remodeling and Additions Enhance Older Homes and Condos
At some point, every house needs an update. Chicago's climate is very hard on house exteriors. Sometimes exterior work is undertaken to repair or add architectural details. Homeowners want to freshen the look of the interior or to update the function of a room. Room sizes or traffic flow just don't work anymore and need to be adjusted. Whatever the reason, remodeling and additions to an existing home require something most new home builders don't have' patience. In general it is more difficult to transform a dated and dysfunctional space into a beautiful and useful one than it is to create new space from the ground up. These are some of the challenges facing the professional remodeler:
Most remodeling and addition building is undertaken in homes where the owners continue to reside during construction.
- The work site and adjacent spaces must be carefully tended to limit access by pets and children.
- The work site must be kept clean and orderly so no one is hurt.
- The existing house must be protected from damage during the construction.
- Existing mechanical systems must be evaluated, revised and reworked so that they can work efficiently and effectively with the new interior plan.
- The idiosyncracies of the original home must be carefully considered when connecting the new addition.
All of these things require a general contractor who has experience, skill and the patience for follow-through. For 22 years, Canada & Klein has been remodeling homes and condos and taking care of the clients who reside there during construction. Let us show you how it is done.